Basic Policy for the Protection of Personal Information
NISSHIN STEEL Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, "the Company") recognizes the protection of the personal information it collects and uses in the course of business to be an important social obligation and handles such information appropriately based on the following basic policy.
- (1)The Company complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and ordinances, and works to protect personal information sufficiently.
- (2)The Company has put in place in-house regulations relating to the handling of personal information and familiarizes employees with these and related laws and ordinances.
- (3)The Company works to continuously review and improve the basic policy and in-house regulations.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The personal information the Company acquires in the course of business is only used for the following purposes, excluding cases notified by other methods, such as clear indication to the person concerned.
- (1)The personal information of customers and other business partners of the Company (including people who have inquired about merchandise of the Company or business with the Company)
- For responding to inquiries/invoices etc.
- For considering the advisability of a transaction
- For processing/executing transaction details, such as merchandise sales or procurement of raw materials/equipment, etc.
- For after-sales services for purchased merchandise
- For provision of information on the products/services of the Company relating to a transaction with a business partner
- For communication with business partners in the course of business and notices and greetings etc. according to social convention
- (2)In addition to the above (1), the Company may use personal information in the case whereby the purpose of use is evident from the circumstances of acquisition and for other purposes whereby notification/announcement of the purpose of use is not required according to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the individual, excluding cases whereby it is not necessary to acquire the consent of the individual according to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
Shared Use of Personal Information
The Company may share personal information as follows, in addition to cases notified to the individual in advance, and cases whereby the individual is in a situation whereby he/she can easily be aware of the usage.
- Shared-use personal information content: All content provided
- Extent of shared users: companies affiliated with the Company
- Purpose of shared use: Purposes described in this document
- Party responsible for the management of personal data: NISSHIN STEEL Co.,Ltd.